The World Rallies to “ END IT FOR GOOD”!
I’m delighted to share some fantastic news in terms of HIV and AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria… The World Rallies to “ END IT FOR GOOD”!
Yesterday, at the Fifth Replenishment Conference of the Global Fund to fight these three diseases in Canada, leaders from around the world stepped up to pledge a total of almost $13billion for the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis and Malaria. UK civil society applauds the OUTSTANDING GLOBAL LEADERSHIP OF THE UK GOVERNMENT who pledged £1.1 BILLION! This reaffirms the international community’s commitment to meeting the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, while supporting the right to health for the world’s most vulnerable people.
This pledge will contribute to….
- Saving up to 8 million lives, for a total of 30-32 million lives saved by 2020
- Building on the results achieved and prevent the resurgence of the diseases
- Averting 300 million new infections
- Supporting partners in domestic investment of US$41 billion toward the three diseases
- Delivering US$290 billion in economic gains